Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Thoughts Of a Bride

Is everything in order?
Does my dress look strange?
What about the bride’s maids?
Do they really like their dresses?
Or are they just lying?
What if he’s not here?
Does he still want me?
Do I want him?
How do I get rid of these butterflies?
Should I have a drink?
Maybe go for a walk?
Oh know, is it time?
Am I ready?
What if I trip>?
Do I look alright?
What if my dad won’t give me away?
What if I don’t want him to?
Where did the flower girl go?
Did she already start walking?
Is that were the bride’s maids went to?
Why does my dad look so nervous?
Are his eyes tearing up?
Are mine too?
What if everyone laughs?
Why can’t I breathe?
How do I walk again?
One foot at a time?
Will he be looking when I look up?
He is.
He’s smiling.
I’m smiling.
Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment