Sunday, August 8, 2010

Maggie (What A Sweetie)

Maggie is an amazing dog. That doesn’t even encompass who she is. She loves you no matter what and she will always try and make you feel better. She smiles at you and wags her tail. She loves the snow. It’s so cute how she hops around in it like she’s a rabbit. She still chases the vacuum cleaner like she always has and she still chase the laser or flashlight around the room. Her life should not have been so short. If she had been human, she would have been the most amazing human I have ever met. She is so much more than a dog. She is family. She is my sister, my daughter and sometimes my mother. When I’m sick she’ll stay close to me, which always makes me feel better. I wish I had taken better care of her. Like most kids, I wanted a dog and promised to take care of her and walk her every day. As I got older I lost that, but there were times when I would take her. She didn’t care that it had been months since we had last gone for a walk, since I’d last brushed her or even fed her instead of my mom. She was always excited and happy about it. I still feel horrible that I had accidentally dropped her on her head. It wasn’t on purpose, she was a little puppy and I was holding her. She started squirming around and I lost my hold on her. She didn’t land on her feet like a cat. My brother and I felt horrible about it. We all love her so very much. We just want her to be happy. No matter how hard it will be for us, it is more important how she feels. I don’t want her to be in pain her last bit of time on earth. Misty had been in pain when we were younger, before we put her to sleep. I remember how sad it was and how much pain she was in. I just want Maggie to be happy because I love her so much. I just want her to know how much we love her and that it’s ok for her to move on when she’s ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment