Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What Are You Watching?

Today's television. Well, what can you really say about it. I guess technically quite a lot. "Reality TV" is such a ridiculous term. I want to know who came up with that and actually thought that it was, well reality. Maybe back when the original concept arose, such as back when Real World didn't have the name of a country following it. I think it's interesting how crime shows are on the rise and as far as I can see, they've peaked. It used to just be a few of them, and now there is probably one on every major channel. Another new phase in television seems to be sci-fi shows. That would include Ghost Hunters, shows that look for mythical creatures, and basically anything that can fall under science fiction. Of course, I can't forget about the Vampire shows that have been popping up since the Twilight phenomenon. It's like you can't leave your house without running into something vampire related. Don't get me wrong, there are some very good shows on TV. I enjoy watching it as much as the next person, it just seems that TV has lost what it actually is.

MTV. If I remember correctly it stood for Music Television. I don't think I've seen music on that channel for at least five years now. Now there is channels like VH1two, MTV2, and other ridiculous channel names like that to play music videos. It seems that the original channels don't have enough room for music like their name states, instead they fill the channels with weird celebrity shows and "Reality" TV. The only good thing about most teen shows and reality TV, is that it makes you feel better about your life. It's like wow, I'm glad I'm not that guy. Their life freaking sucks.

I guess my thoughts on TV, have stemmed from sitting at home watching it all day. After surgery, I really don't have a whole lot to do anymore. The whole not being able to walk very well or drive anywhere due to medication makes it rather difficult to regain the outside world. Ah, oh well. It's coming. At least I have something to keep me mentally stimulated all day. Boomerang is extremely educational you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment