Thursday, April 22, 2010

A lLttle Pain Never Hurt Anyone, Right?

Yesterday was not one of the best days I’ve had in awhile. I have been having some issues with my foot since late this past summer. I had finally started walking, not well, but some. I had to say it was very exciting. I had unfortunately started getting ill, so I missed my early in the week physical therapy, but my physical therapist said that I could do some of my exercises at home. I, being a good patient, was doing them after I had fed the animals. With one of them, I needed someone to watch what I was doing to make sure it was correct. It’s not like it was easy to mess up, but I still had to have someone watch to make sure I was actually moving my ankle. What I had to do was extend my right leg out, put my heel down and then move forward so I could flatten my foot. The exercise it to mimic walking to get your ankle used to the movement. On my third step, something happened and it felt as if something in my ankle ripped. It was so painful that my knees literally buckled under me. My boyfriend had to pick me up carry me to the couch and get ice of it as fast as possible while I was screaming in pain. I ended up getting a hold of one of my doctors, who told me not to go to the ER and just keep an eye on it. I went and saw him this morning, and unfortunately the only answers he had for me was “that is strange” and “I think that it might be …, but I’m not sure.” That wasn’t very comforting, and the pain has been getting progressively worse. Well, unless I numb it with ice, then it feels tolerable. That’s probably not a good thing, I guess we’ll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment