Thursday, April 29, 2010

Benighted

I remember writing this one day in 20 minutes, because we had to do a quick write in my Lit Mag class. Somehow this came out of me and everyone in my class liked it. I ran across it, like some of the things posted for today, and wanted to share it.

Here I lye,
Twist mangled and torn,
Black as the night,
Where they all sat in mourn,

In Body and soul,
I wander in place,
Shifting uncomfortable,
I can't feel my face,

The mirror still whole,
With blood splattered fair,
I look in the mirror,
And still I'm not there,

Out the door I look,
My sister just cried,
I touch her and shake,
As tears fall from her eyes,

They walk down the road,
All tired and worn,
Stopping at a graveyard,
Are they going to mourn?

The mist swirls around,
As they saunter in silence,
I wander behind,
Remembering the violence,

When they halted,
What I saw,
Made me drop to my knees,
A grave stood tall,

There in the stone,
Words written to see,
Of a girl who died,
In a tragedy,

Finally I realized,
The reason they cried,
There on the stone,
It said I had died.

No comments:

Post a Comment