Monday, April 26, 2010

Getting in the Grove

I have to admit, I’m not used to writing as if someone is actually reading, though sadly it looks as if no one does anyways. That is ok though, because that means that I can write similar to how I usually do. I do like to write, if not for therapeutic reasons I like to write to put my imagination down. Technically I have been writing a book for a few years now. However, I’m not very motivated to finish it which is mainly because I know how it ends. I guess I rationalize that there is no reason to finish it if I already know how it goes. It makes me feel better that my sister is the same way, at least its genetic.

It is interesting to see the different types of blogs people put up. They really show their personalities and sometimes how they perceive the world. Even if I don’t know the person, I still like to read what they say just to see who they are. People are different on the internet. It is interesting how people are not as afraid to do and say what they think and feel. There isn’t that initial feeling of rejection because you aren’t physically being viewed.

My older brother used to have a blog, and I loved to read it. I got to experience him even when I never go to see him. Now he doesn’t have one so I have to revert to stalking him on Facebook and Twitter. He lives on the complete other side of the country with my first nephew. His blog was always interesting and exciting. He had the most amazing thoughts and ideas. Things I would have never known or thought about if he hadn’t written about them. He always helps keep me grounded. If my whole world is turned upside down and I feel like I’m spinning out of control, I call him and have him use his logic to at least slow the spinning down. I think he can even understand me when I’m balling at him through the phone.

I love all of my brothers and my sister, but it is interesting how my older brother seems to have some very strange significant hold on me. His opinion means the world to me. I could never quite figure out why though. My boyfriend, who means the world to me, reminds me of my older brother in ways and even my younger brother, which, is kind of creepy. I remember watching a show on the discovery channel that said that daughters tend to date guys similar to their father. I guess I’ve always been that weird exception to that rule. That’s ok though, I wouldn’t have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment