Saturday, May 29, 2010

G is for Gout

Gout. I’m not really sure how I feel about that word. I always associated it with painful diseases in medieval times. Painful, suffering, oozing, discolored body parts that you can’t cure of the disease; a disease that will kill you very slowly. Well, I found out that most of that is incorrect. It is very painful though and makes your joint swell and become red. This is most common in the joint right before your big toe starts. Actually, 75% of all cases are in that joint and it most commonly affects men. It has never been seen, by my doctors or physical therapists, in someone premenopausal. Well, until now anyways. That’s that necessarily true because they don’t actually know if I have it yet. I just have all the signs and symptoms. After doing some research on The Oracle (Wikipedia) I found out there is also a very similar disease with the same symptoms. This is, they’re both incurable. The only thing is you can do is try and control the fair ups, sort of like an STD. Great, I have a pretend STD that older people get. Figures, I always have been the special one in the family when it comes to medicine. I’m trying not to let it bother me since nothing has been confirmed. At least I can control it through diet and supplements and stuff. Hey, I’ll start taking my vitamins if that means I can get rid of all this pain. Now all that is left to do is get my doctor to hook me up with a blood test. Guess then I’ll know what to do. I will win pain and weird disease. I will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment