Sunday, June 6, 2010

R is for Reiki

Yesterday my mom came home from her class that she had been at all day. She is working on becoming a Master Reiki. Which honestly, I think is really cool. She seems to really enjoy it, it makes her happy and she sees things differently now. She shows or tells me about some of the things she learned at her classes. Things from distance Reiki to crystal charts. I knew when I was younger that I was interested in Metaphysics, but now I’m seeing and learning about things I would never have dreamed of. Ok, that isn’t completely true. I do dream about quite a lot of strange things. If you ever get a chance to learn about Reiki, you really should. I know when you first hear about It, it seems really weird. The whole transferring of negative energy and positive energy can seem kind of silly. Well, I can tell you first hand that it’s not. My mom practices on me and I really believe she has helped me get as far as I have in physical therapy. Did it completely fix me? No, but what can? Even surgery leaves you stranded healing yourself for at least a few days. Reiki though, is not invasive and the person doesn’t even have to touch you. Every time my mom does it, I fall dead asleep in minutes and I sleep like a log that night. Normally she has to do it at night because after I wander around like I got his with an elephant tranquilizer. I have a feeling that me medicated or after Reiki, is probably how I would be if I was ever drunk. I’m not saying change your beliefs or anything like that. Just look into it and try it once. Just because you believe in a different religion, doesn’t mean it won’t help. I mean, massage and acupuncture come from other cultures and beliefs, so why can’t another amazing thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment